Click the Banner

Friday, May 2, 2014

Mariah Carey reveals new album's title


Mariah Carey has revealed the title and the cover of her new album.
The singer also divulged that her 14th album, Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse, will be released on May 27. It features collaborations with R Kelly, Mary J Blige and Nas.
The artwork, which she shared with fans on Twitter, features her in a gold crochet swimsuit, with a sunset background behind her, while the back is a childhood drawing of the star.
"On the back of this album is a personal treasure. This is my first and only self-portrait. I drew it when I was three-and-a-half and entitled it, 'Me. I am Mariah'," the singer explained.
"Please don't judge me for such a simplistic title. Come on. I was only three-and-a-half. It was a creative visualisation of how I saw myself with the purity of a child's heart before it was ever broken."
Mariah continued: "I've kept this private for so long, but because this album is a reflection of some of the peaks and valleys that made me who I am today, I've decided to share it with those of you who actually care and have been here for me through it all.
"I've been through a lot, but I've always known me. I am Mariah. Along the way, there have been a couple of nicknames and I have embodied many personas. Lately, they have been calling me 'the elusive chanteuse'. I like it," she added.
The announcement came on a special day for Mariah, who married Nick Cannon on April 30, 2008, and gave birth to their twins, Monroe and Moroccan, on April 30, 2011.
The album, previously known as The Art Of Letting Go, had been delayed after the singer dislocated her shoulder while filming a music video last July.

No comments: